I have come to love blogging so much. I love reading blogs and am really getting into the swing of blogging more regularly, although it has been slow going lately with planning my son’s birthday party and our upcoming vacation. I should NOT see those things as getting in the way, and I don’t really, but I do wish there were more time in the day to write and read because my thoughts seem to constantly swirl with new ideas of writings.
Anyway, I was slowly going through my inbox of latest blog posts from my favorite bloggers and I came across the lovely How to Ruin a Toddler’s Day’s latest post about her Liebster Award. As I read through her funny post about the award and all her answers to the many questions she was asked, I then saw MY name listed as one of her nominees! I was taken aback and had to double check that there wasn’t another Winding Road blog out there! I am honored that she enjoys my blog and gave me my 2nd award. I would not have expected my favorite past time to be blogging or that I would win awards; this is fun!
Thank you very much for the nomination. I hope I can continue to entertain people with my writings and the lessons I learn and continually seek.
Okay, so here was my homework:
Answer How to Ruin A Toddler’s Day’s questions
1)Were you named after anyone?
Nope, I think my dad just liked the name (Kerry)and my parent’s wanted us to have names that couldn’t be made to nicknames. That’s the story at least, nothing too exciting.
2)If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself?
I probably would because I am very open-minded and non-judgmental. At first glance, I seem very laid back. I consider myself a good support to my friends but I’d probably get annoyed by how excited and passionate I get over small things. And once I got to know what a stress case I can be, I might reconsider that “laid back” friendship.
3)If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Green because it is my favorite color, it relaxes me and I love anything relaxing.
4)Do you have a special, hidden talent?
I do everything fast and most times accurately. I become a machine when I’m focused.
5) If you had to pick one, would you a) Bungee jump, b) Skydive, c) Scuba Dive
c)Scuba dive, which so happens to be on my bucket list to get certified.
6) If you were invisible, where would you go?
To the playground when my daughter is at school.
7) Who do you most admire, and why?
Any and all mothers, who have unending patience, are crafty, home school their children and do so with pleasure and grace. I admire them because they are everything I am not. I am patient, but not enough. I’m a little crafty, but don’t really enjoy it. I wanted to home school but realized it would not be good for me or my family. I came to the realization that I am selfish about wanting to be more than just “mom” and am trying to recapture those aspects now.
8) So you ate this apple, then find out after the fact that it was radioactive. You’re a superhero now! Quick, what’s your name and your super power?
Snapping Turboqueen. She is like Mary Poppins and when she snaps, her house is clean, her groceries gotten and all “to dos” done.
9) How do you want to be remembered?
As someone who took time to make those in her life feel special. Who offered support, friendship and in some way made an impact, no matter how small on many people’s lives whether she knew them or not.
10) What does your latest text message from someone else say? (You don’t have to name who it is from)
“A toast to the writer” from my mom when I told her I got this award 😉
11) If you put on the Sorting Hat, would you be Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw? Explain your answer. If you don’t get the question, shame on you.
It pains me to be shamed by your question. At first I had no idea what you were talking about but then remembering that you are a Harry Potter fan, the light bulb came on that that is probably what you were referring to. Then I Googled, and yes, that was true. So, I’ll remove some shame by the fact that I made an educated guess before I Googled.
Give 11 random facts about yourself
- The only gift I ever want for Christmas or birthday is something at a spa. I don’t even care what it is.
- I love being underwater. The sounds and feel are so enveloping and relaxing. I should be a mermaid.
- I love Disney World and never tire of the feeling the first day of a trip walking down Main Street…magic!
- I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian until I expressed a dog’s anal glands as a Vet Tech. Changed my mind instantly.
- I can watch the movie “Pretty in Pink” and “Braveheart” over and over and over again
- It’s entirely possible that I kiss my children too much
- I’m introverted by nature. I love get togethers and gatherings but tend to need quiet and feel a bit drained after.
- I love a book that gives me an emotional response, whether tears or laughter. I bawled recently at the end of “The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow”
- I’m moodier than I care to admit
- I can’t watch horror movies, they haunt me too much. I’m a scaredy cat
- My favorite candles are earthy, musky or vanilla. I don’t like floral or citrus scents.
Nominate 11 people (I’m sure some of my nominees have already been awarded recently but I love your blogs so nominated you anyway!)
9.Mummy Flying Solo (I’m fairly certain you nominated the one who nominated me…but I just love your blog. Of course, I don’t expect you to do all this over and over again 😉
Create 11 new Questions for the nominees
- What book are you currently reading? Any good?
- What is your favorite chore? Obviously none are fun, but there is always that one that gives great satisfaction.
- What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
- What is the first thing you do after you put your child(ren) to bed at night?
- What is your sign and do you think it fits you?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Have you ever re-gifted a present and what was it?
- Can you hula hoop?
- Describe your last dream
- What was your favorite thing to play as a kid?
- Have you ever milked a cow?
So there you go! Congrats to the nominees and again, thank you How to Ruin a Toddler’s Day!