Wow, this week was awesome because I received 5 blog awards! The same award was nominated by 2 separate bloggers and it is one that I have already received it once. But still!
I tried to organize this post with all of these awards as best I could. I hope it flows easily but if it’s a complete cluster, I blame my difficulty falling asleep the past two nights.
I would like to thank Brenda at friendlyfairytales for nominating me for:
- Seed of Light–For blogs that inspire creativity, nature, connection, communication, and beauty.
Rules: Display the award, thank the giver, and pass the award on to five deserving individuals.
4) Dear Babies
5) Contrary Mom
2. Liebster award (rules and nominations below)
And many thanks to the mmmmm family for nominating me for:
3. WordPress Family Award
Rules: Display the award on your blog, link back to the person who nominated you, nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family (see below..included with Semper Fidelis & Reader Appreciation nominations), let your 10 Family Members know you’ve awarded them.
4. Semper Fidelis Award (for those who are ‘always faithful/always loyal‘…thanks Ms. Mmmm for looking this up!)
5. Reader Appreciation Award for those who like and comment on a regular basis.
My nominations below are for the WordPress Family, Semper Fidelis and Reader Appreciation awards because each award honors those who are loyal blogging friends and WordPress family.
6. Liebster Award– (I don’t know protocol on getting awarded twice but I don’t want to pass the opportunity to spread the nominations, so I am going to accept it again!)
Rules: Display the award logo, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog, answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you, post 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you, and create 11 questions for your nominees
Questions from The mmmmm Family:
1) Who or what makes you laugh out loud? My husband
2) Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope
3) Do you have a party trick and if so what is it? Drinking too much wine and talking too much 😉
4) Whats your favorite time of day? 3 favorites: first thing in the morning before kids wake up, when my son naps, and when kids go to bed. All of these revolve around my kids sleeping. I actually do really enjoy their company but I do love my “down” time a lot because they keep me going like an energizer bunny.
5) Can you speak any other language apart from your native language? Does toddlerease count as another language? If so, then yes, I can speak toddler (but only spoken my kids)
6) If you were an animal what would you be? An elephant, I remember everything
7) Snow, Rain or sunshine? Rain and sunshine…both in moderation. I love sun after a stretch of rain and vice versa. Not much for cold or snow.
8) Favorite band/singer? Too many favorites to name but currently really into Mumford & Sons
9) Are you a morning or night person? A little of both. Probably leaning more toward morning.
10) What’s your guilty pleasure? I can’t believe I’m admitting this…but The Bachelor or Bachelorette.
11) Which do you prefer a bath or a shower? Really really hot shower
Questions from friendlyfairytales:
1) What makes you smile? My kids playing happily together
2) What makes you sad? My kids feeling sad
3) What motivates you? Lots of things…my kids, my husband, my craving for challenges, but currently, my fellow blogger friends motivate me.
4) How would you describe your personality? Honest, analytical, laid back, open-minded, sensitive
5) What do you least enjoy doing in life? Folding laundry
6) What is your favorite song? I love Indigo Girls The Wood Song. I have lots of favorites but that comes first to mind at the moment.
7) What is your favorite quote and why? I’m tired so the only quote that comes to mind is “There’s nothing like looking at your own history in the faces of your friends” ~Ani Defranco…I love this quote because it is so true.
8) How do you relax? hot shower, glass of wine, plopped on a couch reading
9) What is your favorite food? Nachos
10) Why do you blog? I began blogging as an outlet for random thoughts that I turned into small writing pieces. Also, I felt that I wanted to use this skill more to practice for “my big break” ha! Who knows what it is or when that will happen? But, it has evolved into writing because I love when something I write touches someone else.
1) I struggle with occasional insomnia
2) I think I may have been Asian in a past life. Many of my friends are Asian, my husband is half Thai, and I love the culture and the food of many Asian countries though I’ve never been. One day we will travel to Thailand to visit my mother in law’s family.
3) I love lilies and tulips but really dislike roses
4) I prefer salty to sweet
5) I have very vivid dreams
6) I like coloring in coloring books
7) Poor grammar makes me cringe
8) I don’t understand why people give or receive hickies. A guy at a store today had a bunch on his neck and it was yucky but got me thinking about the process of giving/receiving and I don’t see the appeal.
9) I love springtime
10) I want to start surfing again
11) I just started using sugar cubes instead of spooning sugar into my coffee and I like it much better (how’s that for random!)
11 questions for your nominees.
- What is your favorite beverage?
- How many hours do you sleep at night?
- What do you eat for breakfast?
- Do you like to cook and why?
- How do you spend your “down time?”
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- Are you superstitious?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- Do you like to camp?
- What is your ideal vacation?
- What is the most recent book you have read?
I love these so much awards and the bloggers that nominated me. I feel honored that people are enjoying my blog and hopefully, gaining something from it. Thank you so much for reading!