This week I seem to have hit a wall. I think it is due to my growing “to do” list because each time I have a free moment to scratch something off, instead I sit in front of my laptop and type, type, type away at either a new blog post or my short story. Because I feel slightly overwhelmed by my lengthening to do list, the holidays and my daughter’s birthday looming, I feel a bit paralyzed. And now when I sit down to write, I feel stuck. I even have a long list of posts I would like to begin but they all end up sounding jumbled with no point so I drop them. Even as I type this award post, I feel like I am rambling… because I am.
So, for a while, I think I need to spend more time scratching things off of my list instead of typing and maybe the result will be some fresh, clear ideas.
In the meantime, I would like to thank my readers. I am deeply humbled that you enjoy what I write. I don’t tend to stick to any particular theme so I appreciate you riding along with me experiencing whatever forms on paper based on my mood.
Thank you so very much to Reinvention of Mama for giving me the Sunshine Award. She says she thinks my writing is “terrific, creative, and positive…and like a hot cup of tea on a breezy day”…I don’t think I have been complimented so nicely! Thank you again. I love Reinvention of Mama’s blog because she writes great short stories and is very honest about her life as a wife and a mother. She is funny, warm and the type of friend I would love to have.
Also, thank you to Loving Always for awarding me the Liebster. I have received this one a couple of times before but did not want to miss the opportunity to accept another to give a shout out to the giver! I am new to her blog but have really enjoyed reading her posts.
I think these awards are so fun to receive but they also require a good amount of work on the receiver’s part. So, since I am feeling a bit “bound up” in writing lately, I am going to cheat. I can’t think of any new random facts about myself but I do want to nominate/share with you the blogs I love and find inspiring. So, below is that list. If not following the rules to the T means I can’t have it, I understand. 🙂
Here are Loving Always’ questions for her nominees:
- What is your go-to supper foods? whatever can be made into a meal out of what I scrounge out of the fridge/pantry. usually stir fry
- One thing you CANNOT leave your house without? my phone
- What is your favorite tv show? Once Upon a Time & Revolution
- Why do you blog? to gain practice, as an outlet, to connect
- What is something that you do all the time, but regret later? get frustrated at my daughter since she is 5 going on 16
- Favorite animal? elephants
- Type the first three words that pop into your head.. GO! tired, shoulders, playdate
- What made you pick the name for your blog that you did? it came to me because I think we are all traveling on a fascinating journey and you never know what is around the next bend.
- Favorite store to shop at? Target
- What is some advice that you think everyone should know? It is important find your awesome, everybody has it. (thanks modernmanofthecloth)
Some of my favorite blogs in no particular order (I think I might bore you all if I link up every blog I enjoy plus that would take an eternity, so I picked the first ones to come to mind and that I had time to link to during my lil guy’s nap.):
- Dear Babies
- Little Miss Perfect
- Did That Just Happen Blog
- Fascinations of a Vanilla Housewife
- Contrary Mom
- Adventures of Fanny P.
- From 2 to 3 kids
- Lady in the House
- Things My Daughters Told Me
- Mummy Says
- Mummy flying solo
Thank you again and again!