Kate Loveton of Odyssey of a Novice Writer kindly nominated me for The Lighthouse Award. I am new to her blog and am honored that she reads and finds mine worthy. Apparently, The Lighthouse Award is for blogs that inspire you. Most of the blogs I read inspire me in some way, if they don’t, then I don’t read them. I am inspired by so many things so there is a lot of variety in the blogs I read, very similar to my musical taste. You won’t find one particular theme.
Here are the rules for this award:
• Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
• Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
• Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
• Share three ways that you like to help others.
• Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
• Have fun!
3 Ways I like to help others:
1. By sharing stories and hope that the sharing helps them and someone else. Please read this one, she could use all the love and support you can offer!
2. By making food. Something so simple is really so helpful. We all have moments of dreading making dinner, the monotonous humdrum of it. But, when a friend or family member needs some help either because they are ill, just had a baby, are insanely busy as a single parent, or any other reason…maybe no reason at all, making a nice dinner for someone is always appreciated. I like to do this. 🙂
3. By complimenting…everyone enjoys being noticed, especially for things they may feel nervous or vulnerable about. Throw out a sincere compliment, it is super easy and cheap but makes the person feel like a million bucks.
Nominations: (below are blogs that I am new to and really enjoying)
Again, thank you very much for this award, Kate. xo
Thank you naptimethoughts for the fancy Liebster with the new logo and your fun list of questions! 🙂 You know well that I love your blog. I get a good hearty chuckle each time I stop by!
- 1. Thank the blogger who nominated you:
- 2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
- 3. Nominate 11 other blogs
- 4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- 5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
Answers to questions:
- Are you now, or have you ever, eating/eaten a brain? Nope, not that I can recall. Does losing brain cells from having children mean that my brain ate itself? In that case, yes, I believe I have eaten my own brain.
- Do you prefer to be active during the day? Or do you prefer to skulk in the shadows at night? I am absolutely active during the day. I shut down completely at night.
- How many bandages do you have upon your person at present? None at the moment but its still early morning. It is highly likely I will have a Dora bandaid stuck to my arse by the end of the day.
- Are you now, or have you ever howled at the moon? Hmmm, I think I have. I may have to give it a go again.
- Do you take your steak rare, well done, or wooden and through the heart? HA! I’m a very diplomatic person, I take it medium
- If we met in a dark alley at night, would you bite me? and if so, where upon my person would said injury occur? I think you’re implying that I am a vampire. I assure you I am not, like I said, I am not a night person. I would more likely give you a big, too long hug.
- Does any member of your family, for any reason, take exceptional measures to keep track of the phases of the moon? I wouldn’t say exceptional measures, I don’t chart. But I look at the stars and moon every evening before bed so I usually can tell you what phase it is in.
- When you walk, how do you like to hold your arms? (i.e. swinging naturally, straight by your sides, held out straight in front of you whilst moaning, etc.) In whatever contorted position they end up while holding a bag, a sippy cup, an iPad, whatever toy my son wants me to bring wherever we are going and my keys.
- Describe your bed. Cozy but not big enough.
- If you came to visit me, would I have to invite you in, or would you just walk in all on your own? You’d have to invite me in, I have a bad habit of standing in doorways. Sometimes I even forget to invite people in as we get started on conversations the minute I open the door and I forget my manners.
- Lastly, do you remember your childhood? If not, what was your first memory? (i.e. waking up on a slab of stone in a thunderstorm, mad scientist, you know, whatever.) I vaguely remember my childhood. My husband seems to remember every detail of his and it astounds me. I have snippets of dream-like memories. First memory, not sure…pooping in my bathingsuit I think. Pretty traumatic and embarrassing at 3 or 4.
Questions for you to answer:
Use the above questions from naptimethoughts, they’re too good not to reuse!
Inform the nominees:
I’ll do this throughout today, hoping the pingback will serve as notification for now. I’ve been trying to finish this award post for 3 weeks! Phew! 😉
Happy Monday everyone!